Total Pageviews

17 Nov 2014

"When I think Elton I think of pure happiness". Nicole Elizabeth Vaughan's Top 30 Elton John List. Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of AllSongsList


12. Nicole Elizabeth Vaughan

Have you had imagined to be in one of those parties Elton and David does as a benefit event? In Woodside for example? Still dreaming? Well, our next guest made it. She flew from Australia to England to fulfill one of her dreams, among others obviously. At the event, Elton sang "Your Song", "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" and "Tiny Dancer", as Nicole explained later. And the Aussie eltonite was there. Before this, her enthusiasm for Elton is well-known: "I worship at the altar of Elton!" reads one of her sentences. She's unique. So we had to ask her about her own list of favourites. And the response is unique. Let's get there!

Hello my name is Nicole from Sydney, Australia. I was asked to name my top 30 Elton songs... Which I found incredibly hard to do!! How to condense 35 years of my complete love and adoration into 30 songs??!! Instead I thought it easier to think of favourite songs as my moods take me... Here they are in no particular order xxxx

HAPPY MOOD:

Captain And the Kid, Captain Fantastic And Brown Dirt Cowboy, Bitter Fingers, The Greatest Discovery, Funeral for a friend / Love Lies Bleeding, Pinball Wizard, The Bitch Is Back, Durban Deep, Red, Dark Diamond, Wasteland 

SAD MOOD:

2 low 4 zero, Cold as Xmas, Ticking, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, Skyline Pigeon, Indian Sunset, This Train Don't Stop There Anymore 

DANCING MOOD:

I'm Still Standing, Heartache All Over The World, Bite Your Lip, Healing hands, Teacher I Need You, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Wicked Dreams 

LOVING MOOD:

Something About The Way You Look Tonight, Pinky, Princess, Mansfield.

No comments: